Become a Volunteer
Female and Male Volunteers Needed
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with First Coast Women’s Services. The first steps to volunteer include downloading our volunteer packet on our “Volunteer Application” link below.
After reviewing the full application packet, if you still wish to volunteer, you should complete the application and attachments and submit it according to the directions indicated. After we receive it, you will be contacted to come in for a meeting and tour.
Direct Support Volunteers
- Pregnancy Options Counselor
- Men’s Program Mentor and Counselor
- Abortion Recovery Leader
- Volunteer Nurse or Sonographer
- Help with data entry
- Help with mailers
- Help make support calls
Community Champions for Life
- Become a Church Liaison
- Become a Campus Ministry Liaison
- Join our Board of Directors
- Join Special Committees and Advisory Boards
Development and Fundraising
- Help with Baby Bottle Boomerang Campaign – See more details here
- Help with Annual Fundraising Banquet
- Host a Baby Shower or Diaper Drive (Download Baby Item Donation List)
- Assist with Small Group Gatherings
- Help with Graphic Design and Advertising
- Help with Special Events
- Become a Community Relations Committee Member
Baby and Parents Boutique
- Help with folding, sorting and displaying donated materials
- Help keep stock of needed items
- Help preparing layettes and assembling cribs
- Help with painting
- Help with electrical
- Help with plumbing
- Help with small repairs
- Help with cleaning center
Information Systems and Computer Support
- Help with regular maintenance
- Help troubleshoot questions
- Help with weekly intercession
- Join First Cost Women’s Services Text Prayer Team
1. On your cell phone go to text messages (SMS)
2. Enter: 59769
3. Text 4life, first name, last name, and zip code 59769
4. If successful, you will receive the response:
“Thnk u for joining FCWS text messaging prayer team.”
5. After joining, you will receive prayer texts to pray for a client in need.
6. Please do not respond to the prayer text. We will send prayer results when we receive them. This may take some time.
7. If you have any problems joining, please call us at (904) 262-6300
What We Provide Our Volunteers
- Loving Christian fellowship that encourages and leads to a deeper relationship with Christ.
- Care Net training to equip them with the tools needed to be an effective peer counselor or other volunteer role.
- Continuing education.
- Opportunities to share the Gospel and love of Christ.
- Annual volunteer appreciation event.