Earn While You Learn
First Coast Women’s Services’ clients who choose to parent may join the Earn While You Learn Program, a system of loving, learning, and earning.
The Earn While You Learn Program:
- Instills accountability
- Promotes self-sufficiency
- Develops independent living skills
- Informs on healthy pregnancy
- Imparts parenting and relationship guidance
- Creates meaningful relationships with a mentor(s)
“I got an education on what was happening to my body, how to care for myself physically, emotionally, and how to prepare for the baby’s arrival once it was here.” –Chelsea
First Coast Women’s Services is not an adoption agency, although we do inform and provide care and emotional support to women who decide to make an adoption plan for their child.
The Exploring Adoption Program:
- Provides information on the adoption process
- Presents options including open, semi-closed, and closed adoptions
- Supports women as they choose adoptive parents
- Supports women as they work with an adoption agency or attorney to choose the family they want their child to grow up in.
“I found myself in the midst of an unplanned pregnancy. I had no idea what I was going to do. I went through counseling for months, and I solidified the idea that adoption was what I needed to do. I signed the papers knowing in every fiber of my being that it was the right thing to do…I will never tell anyone adoption is easy, but I will always make sure they know it’s worth it.” -Maggie
First Coast Women’s Services’ Men’s Ministry Program provides a safe place for men to openly discuss concerns, emotions, and questions relating to pregnancy.
The Operation Fatherhood Program:
- Provides facts on fetal development
- Teaches how to support the baby’s mother
- Explains responsibilities of fathers
- Teaches how to become an effective father
- Encourages healthy lifestyle choices
- Offers information on sexually transmitted diseases
- Educates on parenting and household management
- Provides spiritual guidance
- Offers post-abortion counseling
“We had an abortion previous to the time we got pregnant. And that abortion caused me a lot of inner turmoil. [The advocate] took us in; she was warm, caring, and she was so real. If it wasn’t for First Coast Women’s Services, we would not have our beautiful daughter.” -Ronald
Those in this program are taught to see that God has a plan for their life and that the past does not define them.
The Beautiful Program teaches participants:
- How to find forgiveness and healing
- How to see the value of their life
- How to combat negative thoughts that come during the storms of life
“The people are so nice and kind to me…I feel nothing but love and support!”
Forgiven & Set Free
First Coast Women’s Services offers abortion healing and assistance for women and men who seek healing from emotional and spiritual pain from participating in past abortions.
The Forgiven and Set Free Program helps participants:
- Address denial
- Deal with guilt
- Clear up misconceptions about God
- Grieve the loss of their child
- Come to acceptance
- Experience emotional and spiritual recovery
“I could no longer deny the babies I aborted were in fact children. Whenever I was suffering from depression, sadness, or anxiety, I chose to drink…[after a year of sobriety and mentorship] the one thing I still didn’t know what to do with was those abortions. It was in the study that I realized the depth of Christ’s love for me for the first time and, not only that, I saw that the cross is big enough for all sin, even my sin of abortion.” -Shawn
Remembering the Unborn
First Coast Memorial for the Unborn offers a physical place for family members and friends to grieve the loss of unborn children lost through abortion, stillbirth, or miscarriage.
The memorial is a place that provides healing and an opportunity for closure. Brick pavers and metal plaques can be purchased, personalized, and placed along the walkway.
“The idea of something tangible to say yes, there was my baby, she was real, and her memory lives on brings such comfort and peace to me, that I know it will be the same for thousands like me, who have lost a baby to abortion.” -A Mother
“I thank you for the opportunity to make a permanent record and to tell the world that my son did exist, if only for a while.” -A Father